Oxtail and Lamb Knuckle Stew
Serves: 4 servings
2kg Oxtail, trimmed slightly of fat
600g Lamb Knuckles
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Olive oil, more as needed
1 Large onion (diced)
1/2 Tsp brown sugar
1 Cube Lamb Stock in ½ Cup boiled
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Worcester sauce
2 Tsp Balsamic vinegar or normal
4 Medium Potatoes (quartered)
4 Large Carrots (diced)
4 Tbsp Chutney
1 Tbsp Bisto Gravy powder
1. Rinse the meat with cold water, washing away any impurities.
2. Pat dry and place in a large bowl. Season the meat with salt and pepper, soy sauce, Worcester sauce, and vinegar and set aside for an hour to marinade.
3. On the pressure cooker control panel turn the menu knob to the “Fry” function and press start.
4. Once the pot is hot, brown the meat for about 15 minutes, turning often to brown evenly
5. Remove browned pieces to a dish. Add onion to pressure cooker and cook, stirring until slightly brown, adding more oil as needed.
6. Add brown sugar and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
7. Nestle the meat in the pot and then add the lamb stock to barely cover the meat.
8. Cancel the “Fry” function and then place the lid on the pressure cooker
9. Turn the menu knob until you reach the “Meat” function
10. Press start to begin cooking. Music will sound and the cooker will start the countdown once the optimum pressure has been reached inside
11. When the timer ends, the cooker will beep and will switch to the “Keep Warm” function automatically. Press the cancel button
12. Release the pressure by holding the pressure release button on the top of the lid and then open the lid
13. Add in the potatoes and carrots and then select the “Meat” function again. Adjust the time to 15 minutes and press start (make sure the exhaust valve has been pushed down again to prevent air leakage)
14. When the timer is up, press the cancel button and release the
pressure. Open the lid.
15. Turn the menu knob to select the “Fry” function again
16. Mix in the bistro gravy powder, chutney and a little bit of water. Stir