Indian Butter Chicken
1 kg chicken breasts (diced)
1 stick of Butter (or ½ a cup)
2 tsp Masala
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional –omit if you don’t want chilli heat)
2 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp ground Ginger OR 2 tsp
minced fresh ginger
1 Can coconut milk or Cream
1 Cup chicken Stock
1 can tomato paste (170g)
1 onion (minced)
5 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbsp corn-starch
1 tbsp water
Salt to taste
1. On the pressure cooker control panel, turn the menu knob to “Fry” and press start
2. Place butter into the pot and let it fully melt until it becomes foamy and smells amazing.
3. Toss in onions and garlic and cook until halfway done, then add the coconut milk, chicken stock, and tomato paste.
4. Add the curry powder, ginger, cayenne pepper, masala, and salt to taste.
5. Bring to a low simmer
6. Place chicken in the pot and cover with the sauce
7. Place the lid on the pressure cooker
8. Turn the menu knob to the “Meat” function. Adjust Texture setting to “Light” (15 minutes)
9. Press start to begin cooking. Music will sound and the cooker will start the countdown once the optimum pressure has been reached inside
10. Press the pressure release button to get rid of any excess pressure and then remove the lid
11. Mix the corn-starch and water together in a separate bowl till smooth, and add to the pot, mixing well.
12. Turn the menu knob to the “Fry” function and press start. Bring to the boil, or until sauce has thickened.
13. Serve with rice